Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baraka


Arguably the finest piece of graphical content i have ever seen in my life of 18 years.

Baraka, or "blessing" in many different languages, is astonishing and has that brilliance that will go unequal in many decades to come. One have to dig up and accept that it is a 1992 film, shot with the super high definition Todd-AO 70mm camera and now we are in the year 2009, with multiple technologies but this story will always be untouched and and a cover will never be possible.

The vision and cinematography of Ron Fricke is orgasmic. Never had i watched a documentary, not to mention without a single utter of narration, made my eyes dripping with tears of pride and sensitivity towards a work that covers the story of world and life itself.

Shot in 24 different countries, with various story engaged in it, i just do not see any competitor that will ever get close to a mind-boggling artistic rendition like this.

I despise those who slept during the course of this screening. This is a masterful display that will have an impact on your life. I was awed by Baraka and I didnt even dare to blink my eye because a single missed frame to me is a waste that is invaluable.

Thank god for giving me the chance to explore my weaknesses. Thank god for giving me Samsara next year, which is a sequel to Baraka. I need Baraka everyday in my life.
I finish this post with quote from Ron Fricke,"It's not where you are that's important, it's what's there."

And what's here, in Baraka, is a whole world summed up in 104 minutes.



UP is never dead. We will fight and create videos until we reach the standards of Baraka, hopefully.

Love, Raffi.
Success is coming.

No comments: